Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Slow Ride.

So, I haven't had the time or money to work on the railroad much lately. However, spring break is coming up next week and I hope to decide on a trackplan and get to work laying roadbed.

A few days ago I laid some track out on the board to get a feel for what I want to do and I am pretty sure it is going to be made up of double track around the outside portion and a small town on the right side. I am loosely basing the plan on Northern California, though I am freelancing for the most part. I want to be able to make it what I want it to be without being tied down on ballast color, correct rolling stock, etc..

I also need to construct some way of keeping my cats off the layout. I am thinking maybe I will put removable lexan on the side and front. I need to figure out a way to secure the lexan while still being able to remove it easily. If anyone actually reads this blog, and has an idea, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment