Saturday, April 11, 2009

Track Plan.

So, yesterday a friend and I visited five model train stores in southern California. I got pretty excited about my layout and purchased some flextrack, roadbed, and a couple of cars.

That experience led me to a track plan. I chose a track plan by Atlas and I am modifying it to meet my needs.


Above image from: http://www.atlasrr.com/

Pictured above is the layout. I will be expanding a long run out to the left which will include an up-and-over crossover on a mountain. Also, I will add an extra spur at the top right which will service an engine house.

Tonight, I laid out some track. I do not actually have a parts list for the plan, but I do have a bunch of parts left over from a plan I had to give up on a couple of years ago. I laid it out to the best of my ability by looking at the plan and matching things up.

You will no doubt notice that the bottom of my plan is considerably different from the plan. I am not sure whether I like it or not. I will make a decision on it before I start putting down any roadbed.

Speaking of, I decided to go with the Woodland Scenics Roadbed instead of cork. Time will tell if that was a good choice.

Here are some pics of the track laid out. There is an issue with disconnected flextrack that will be repared when I lay the track for good so please forgive that sloppiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment